Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday, 7 July 2013

Last minute Black Powder

It was Wednesday evening before I realised that I would be going to Mansfield Wargames Club, but as luck would have it Paddy was after a game of Black Powder.

We both picked 750pts from Albion Triumphant, I used:

  • Divisional Commander: SR8
  • Brigade Commander: SR8
  • Two battalions Light Infantry
  • Three battalions Line Infantry
  • Foot battery
  • Brigade Commander: SR7
  • Five battalions Line Infantry
  • Foot battery
  • Brigade Commander: SR8
  • Veteran Dragoon regiment
  • Dragoon regiment
  • Brigade Commander: SR8
  • Two Cuirassier regiments

Paddy used quite a lot of British but apart from his SR9 general all his commanders were SR7 and this was to be costly for him.

Unable to coordinate his troops I was able to concentrate on one flank and break his army. Although it did not all go my way. I lost the Dragoon brigade and one of my infantry brigades had lost one battalion and had three battalions each on two casualties.