Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday, 7 January 2015

DAK Reinforcements for Quinton


Over the weekend I finished off another dozen Perry Miniatures AfrikaKorps to go with those I did for him last year.


The colours used were the same as before

Basecoats:

  • Some uniform and caps: Russian Uniform
  • Helmet & gas mask holder: Green Brown
  • Some uniform & caps, webbing, bread bag, gaiters, etc: German Camo Beige
  • Boots, rifle stocks, entrenching tools: Saddle Brown
  • Flesh: Medium Fleshtone
  • Barrels, bayonet scabbard, armband etc: Black

They are then washed with Sepia wash and then highlighted as follows:

  • Uniform: Russian Uniform mixed with increasing quantities of Pale Sand
  • Helmet etc.: Green Brown mixed with increasing quantities of Pale Sand
  • Webbing etc.: German Camo Beige mixed with increasing quantities of Pale Sand
  • Boots etc.: Saddle Brown mixed with increasing quantities of Dark Sand
  • Flesh: Medium Fleshtone mixed with increasing quantities of Ivory
  • Scabbards: Black Grey
  • Weapons: Black mixed with Gunmetal Grey

I then paint any goggles with Sky Blue and then a dot a white.
The armbands have two thin bands of White and then two thin bands of Flat Red.
The cap badges are picked out in Black and White
White piping is added to the shoulder boards.

The detail is then picked out in Windsor & Newton Peat Brown ink.

The lighting was rather dull, but hopefully you'll get the idea.