Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 29 May 2017

El Cid Reinforcements


It's been January since I painted any new troops for the El Cid collection, but over the past few weeks I've been steadily adding a few new troops to the collection. I had planned to run a To the Strongest game on Saturday evening at Dane Con next weekend and wanted to increase the size of the Andalusian contingent. But with one thing and the other Victoria and I shall be having a weekend away together instead.

But, it does mean that the collection grows a little larger, even if it is not getting gamed with.

First of all I wanted to round out my Almoravid Black Guard at 28 models so did another three of them, all from the Gripping Beast range.



Next three more Gripping Beast Al Andalus horsemen, two armed with spears and a third with bow. There are another four nearly done on the painting table that should be finished in the next few weeks.



I painted the two foot figures on the Al Andalus command base back in January but finally got around to painting up the mounted drummer in this batch, I think it finishes it of quite well.



Five more Andalusian spearmen join the rank and file, these are mainly the armoured models and are accompanied by a Qadi to inspire the faithful.



Lastly a couple more Andalusian archers on foot to provide some ranged support. I must admit that although selecting the palette can be rather a chore I'm liking the variety and lack of uniformity in the Andalusians.



No comments:

Post a Comment