Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 23 September 2017

First Drafts - Homage to Catalonia


Chum Martin very kindly sent me the George Orwell figure that was given away at the recent Partizan Wargames show back home in the UK. This chap makes a pair with the Ernest Hemmingway I painted earlier this year.

It's a very nicely sculpted figure, maybe a little on the thin side but it could be during his recuperation from the shot in the throat that invalided him from his service in the Spanish Civil War. Looking back at the paint job now, maybe I was a touch too monochrome in my pallete.

Eric Blair shall join my Ernest Hemmingway in the Spanish Civil War collection, although they never met in Spain, and likely they never met at all they can serve side by side in the fight against Fascism.

If you haven't read Homage to Catalonia I suggest you get a copy.






No comments:

Post a Comment