Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 5 November 2017

American Civil War: Union (5)



I've cracked a milestone today on the Sharp Practice project, the second box of Union Infantry is complete and I reckon I have enough stuff to make a decent sized Union force for the game.

The last sixteen figures are a bit of a mix, there are three leaders added to the mix as I think I was likely going to be a little short, two were painted with corporals stripes to add among the groups as file leaders. I also painted four of them as blacks and I am tempted to purchase another box of the Union Infantry and some of the Black Union heads for conversions so that I can do a few groups of black troops and play out some of the scenarios from Glory.


Everything is painted using the usual method that can be found here. A few individual pictures below.






That's if for the Union for now and you can view the 81 figure collection so far, that's two boxes of the Perry Union Infantry plus the Joshua Chamberlain that I picked up a Salute a few years ago.

Enough figures done now to have eight leaders, seven groups of infantry, two groups of skirmishers, a colour party and two musicians with a few figures to spare.


On to the Confederates next, a whole box of the Perry Miniatures Confederate Infantry was assembled on Friday, stuck on their bases and given a spray of primer over the weekend.


I've already started the base-coats on a bunch of them and hope to have the first lot ready for next weeks update.

No comments:

Post a Comment