Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 11 February 2018

ACW terrain building session


This week I've been working on more terrain for our American Civil War games and have been quite productive in knocking out 4ft of snake-rail fencing and a couple of fields.


Yesterday I visited the excellent Madison Artists & Craftsman Supply store in town and found some Wee Scapes Corn Stalks, they are quite prices at about $6.00 for a dozen stalks , but I purchased a couple of packs to make this small field with a stone fence.


I drilled out the plywood to insert the stalks, so hopefully it shall not get too damaged in play and transit. The stone fence is just made from a pack of small rocks I picked up at the same time.


I also made a slightly larger field with a post and rail fence surrounding it. The crop are some Tajima Miniatures small shrubs that I had that I never found a use for. The fence, posts and gate are made from split coffee stirrers.


Finally I made four sections, each about 12" long of snake-rail fence. This is almost entirely made of 3/16 dowelling cut into 80mm lengths and slightly chamfered at each end in a pencil sharpener. The gate is again made from split coffee stirrers.


AI'm quite looking forwards to using these additions in Thursdays game.


No comments:

Post a Comment