Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 30 August 2019

WWII Soviets reboot (6)


While I was at the Partizan show I picked up one of the recently remastered Soviet T-70 tanks from the chaps at 1st Corps to support my Soviet horde

It's a lovely clean kit that takes very little preparation, I washed mine in soapy water and gave it a light going over with a needle file in the few places where it needed a little flash removing.


The whole thing was given a base coat of Rustoleum Camouflage Beige and then blocked in with Vallejo Russian Green. The tracks and exhausts were base-coated in a rusty mix of Saddle Brown, Black and Gunmetal Grey then the whole thing was covered in Army Painter Strong Tone.

Once dried I re-applied the base-coats then did a couple of highlights on the Russian Green by adding successively more Iraqi Sand to each layer and the exhausts and tracks were also highlighted.


I then set about making it filthy with some Tamiya weathering kits, mainly a mud stuck, then mud, dark sand and light sand weathering powders. Then adding water to a rust powder and leaving some rusty bits.

So, a nice clean model that I have made filthy!


14 comments:

  1. Nice work. I have some of their T34s which are super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jim, I have quite a bit of their resin and everything has been a delight.

      Delete
  2. Not lost your touch Scrivs, you always knew how to muddy a clean tank. I remember you FOW masterpieces.
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jeremy, I also recall your 'butchered pig' panther :)

      Delete
  3. Nicely turned out Paul, neat little tank to have on the table either in a recce role or en-masse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, also makes a nice change from T-34 in the support role.

      Delete
  4. Very cool! Really like the green on this one. Looks spot on to me.

    ReplyDelete