Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 11 October 2019

WWII Tirailleurs Sénégalais(2)


Crickey, it's been quite some time since my last update, but in my defence Victoria and I did go on a big adventure again for a couple of weeks then I've had a ton of work to catch up on.

I have had chance to do some more work on the Tirailleurs Sénégalais for my France 1940 project. The last post was the standard platoon organisation, and this time I've been working on some support choices for them.

All the figures are Crusader Miniatures from Northstar.


The first trio is a European sergeant or junior officer in a leather greatcoat accompanied by a couple of Tirailleurs who will either be used to make up the numbers on gun crews or form the start of a new Groupe de Combat.


Next is a French 25mm anti-tank gun with three crewmen. I wondered if to paint the crew as Senegalese or European and in the end opted for the former.





The second support option is a Hotchkiss machine gun, again with three crew.

I did a couple of head-swaps on these models, simply chopping off the helmeted heads and replacing with Senegalese heads. The original Adrian helmet is re-purposed, the gunner has his slung from his belt, while the loader has left his on the sandbag barricade they are sheltering behind.

The sandbags are from the Renedra set and come in very useful for these sort of crewed weapons (I have almost exactly the same in my WWI French collection)






I think I now have enough done for some Chain of Command Blitzkreig 1940 games.


29 comments:

  1. Lovely command trio and nice pair of supports!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. A splendid finish on those Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking...certainly they are awesome enough to always triumph on tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the Tirailleurs Sénégalais, love the MG's vignette and the impressive artillery...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work as usual Scrivs.
    I especially like the camo on the tiddly AT gun!
    Take care,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique models painted amazingly well. So good!

    ReplyDelete

  7. These are terrific! So cool to see the less common troops on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete