Thursday, 20 August 2026

Barons' War additions(13)


Working through painting more of the Footsore Barons' War figures that I acquired in a trade from chum Tony.

The last update was made of of the great and the good, this time it's 20 figures from a much lower strata of society.


This first pair represent Friar Tuck and Little John from the range.

As  Nottingham lad I'm not supposed to say so but it was the Legend of Robin Hood for a reason - he and his merry men didn't exist and were a composite of several stories, many from a later age.

Nice figures anyway!



Four peasant levy armed with quarter staff, spear and clubs. 

As you can see I'm back to the joy of painting the occasional gambeson!


A dozen more archers were added to the collection.



I know that it's useful to note the palette used for the base coats for future reference, all Vallejo Model Colour: Russian Uniform WWI, Luftwaffe Uniform, German Field Grey, Flat Earth, Chocolate Brown, Black Grey, Basalt Grey, Stone Grey.





Lastly a pair of fighty monks.


I'm well over half way through what was added to the pile of potential, so hopefully more of the same soon!

14 comments:

  1. A great little collection, Paul. Love the Friar Tuck and Little John figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heretic!
    Such comments are hurtful to my boyhood reality and I shall not listen! I am also Nottingham born and bred. To me Robin Hood existed and looks like Errol Flynn!!!!
    I used to go to Jessops and have Robin Hood sandwiches when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, I also have similar childhood memories.

      Delete
  3. Superb additions to the collection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry men indeed you have done a cracking job on those. Be cool to use them in a Robin Hood inspired game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, would be fun to try an outlaw band for the Barons' War rules, but I don't get that much opportunity to play those. More likely they will just merge into the larger 2nd Barons' War collection.

      Delete
  5. Super work on them, really very nicely done.They are great looking figures too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely figures. I had to paint them too. Footsore Miniatures also offer a villager with pointed beard and raised hands who is a ringer for Catweazle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have the Catweazel figure in the pile of potential right now.

      Delete
  7. Lovely lower classes, I always enjoy your medievals, ever since youre 100 years war project!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete