Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 12 November 2017

American Civil War: Confederates (1)


Now having more than enough Union troops to field for our initial games of Sharp Practice it was time to make a start on the Confederates that I had prepared last week.


Good progress was made this week and an added impetus was given when the group I am a part of decided to have a painting evening instead of a gaming evening on Thursday evening so as well as working on these sixteen I was able to make a start on the base-coats for the next group to be painted.


As you can see, I've continued the 'on campaign' look that I have also used for the Union troops and the Confederates are even less uniform than them, I used a mix of three different shades of grey as well as quite a lot of butternut and threw some browns in too, I quite like the 'raggedy' look, it's a pity that the Perry Confederate Infantry box does not include any bare-foot.


As ever they are really easy to assemble and have plenty enough detail for a reasonable paint job.

Here are a few close-up shots of a few individuals.





Next week is not likely to be as productive as I'll be away on business for a few days, but hope to get at least another eight done before the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment