Yesterday saw a dozen English long-bowmen finished. As previously they are made up from the Perry Miniatures English Army 1415-1429 box and are a delight to paint.
Unlike the previous three batches, I've done these in more neutral tones, they could either represent lower status units, or, if I want to field larger units get mixed in with the existing troops.
From the original two boxes, I've only got six of the Men at Arms left to paint so it was fortuitous yesterday that deliveries arrived from both Warbases and Perry Miniatures. I immediately set around sorting out a couple of the custom bases and you can see the effect in these pictures.
The movement trays I ordered are an 80mm x 60mm with rounded corners, the one for the foot has six irregularly spaced holes for 20mm rounds while the one for the horse has three 20mm x 45mm spaced rectangles for the Reneda bases that I mount my cavalry on.
The delivery from the Perrys contained 15 mounted French Men at Arms, I cleaned up a few, here is how the movement trays shall look with cavalry on them.
I've already started using some of the stakes from the box set on a few of the movement trays so that I can show the bowmen deployed behind their defences.
More shots of the long-bowmen out of their movement trays.