Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 9 September 2013

More Berber cavalry in time for Colours

Berber light horse
I submitted my list for the Warhammer Ancient Battles event at Colours taking place at Newbury Race Course next weekend in the knowledge that I only needed to paint up another 9 Berber cavalry to finish the force. Well, my painting mojo has been low my last few weeks and I've been pontificating rather than painting.

Things had to change!

Berber light horse
On Friday evening I cleaned up the figures, Saturday morning they had a spray of Halfords grey primer and after mine and Victorias walk I started on the base-coat, following which they had a wash of Vallejo Sepia Wash.

On Sunday I did the highlights and bases and took a few photos today.

Here are a few more close-ups:








12 comments:

  1. Great work, beautiful colors and very nice basing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic painthob! These berbers are just splendid. The blue is especially well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I like the colour scheme, cream and blue go well together

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very attractive unit and well painted. You'd not think the were finished so quickly. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you.

    The blue is Vallejo Intense Blue, highlighted by adding successive amounts of Vallejo Sky Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely paint job - they look really good. May ride rings round your enemies.
    I'll keep an eye out for you and your army at colours - I'm there on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cav unit, Paul. I wish Pat & I were there to also participate. Haven't played WAB since the GT, but have fond memories of the last games there> Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Apart from a one day tournament I've only managed one game at the club.

      Delete
  8. What make of bases have you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a custom order from http://www.warbases.co.uk
      25mm x 50mm x 2mm MDF with rounded corners

      Delete
  9. Excellent work. That blue is stunning - perhaps you should work on some Tauregs next!

    What manufacturer are the figures? Gripping Beast, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes they are Gripping Beast.
      The mantra at the moment though is 'No new projects' the unpainted lead mountain is huge, so I'm steadily working my way through it.

      Delete