Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 24 July 2016

Bridegrooms of Death - 24th July 2016


Following on from the Republicans I painted last week I have now returned to painting my Spanish Foreign Legion Seccion. This has been rather a long project as I painted the first figures for this unit back in March 2015.


Other factions seem to have come to the fore in the meantime but I only have these to paint then I am out of Spanish Civil War figures. This week I managed to paint these ten and there are another eleven on the painting table then I have all the Spanish Civil War figures I have painted, maybe time for another order on Empress or Northstar - or do I really have enough.


Not sure what it is about these La Legion but I'm not enjoy painting them as much as other troops. I also had a bit of a calamity when varnishing them this morning. I took them out onto the terrace of our apartment and gave them a spray of Testors Dull-cote only to go back 15 minutes later and it had frosted. Fortunately, I bought them inside and took them to the storage unit* and gave them another coat and it seems to have rectified.

*Not sure why Mrs Scrivs is not keen on me applying varnish inside the apartment :-)


Here are a few close-ups.









No comments:

Post a Comment