All the figures are from The Assault Group: Britain in the Far-East range
These were painted in the usual way:
- Clean up figures and stick on 25mm round MDF bases
- Prime them with Halfords white primer (I usually use grey but had run out)
- An all over wash of Vallejo Beige Brown, Vallejo Glaze Medium and water.
I then rough out a base coat as follows:
- Vallejo Gunship Green: Shirts, trousers, some hats, some webbing, some gaiters, some packs, some water bottles
- Vallejo Khaki: Rifle slings, some hats, some webbing, some gaiters, some packs, some water bottles.
- Vallejo Chestnut Brown: Rifle stocks, entrenching tool handles, bayonet handles, some boots.
- Vallejo Black: Bayonets, Rifle fittings, some boots.
- Vallejo Saddle Brown & Vallejo US Tan Earth : Exposed flesh.
Once the figure is base coated I give the figure a wash of Vallejo Sepia Wash. Once dry I apply the highlights as follows:
- Gunship Green areas: Highlight with Gunship Green then highlight again with a mix of Gunship Green & Dark Sand
- Khaki areas: Highlight with Khahi then highlight again with a mix of Khaki & Dark Sand
- Chestnut Brown areas: Highlight with Chestnut Brown then highlight again with a mix of Chestnut Brown & Dark Sand
- Black areas: Highlight with Black Grey for the boots
- Black areas: Highlight with a mix of Gunmetal Grey and Black for the bayonets and rifle fittings, then bayonets are then further highlighted in Gunmetal Grey
- Exposed flesh highlighted with US Tan Earth then highlighted again with Tan Yellow.
The bases are then covered in PVA glue and dipped in a coarse sand mix that is painted Vallejo US Field Drab, highlighted with Vallejo Dark Sand and then washed with Vallejo Sepia Wash then decorated with tufts and scatter.
These will hopefully see some service in our Battle of Meiktila Bolt Action game at Partizan tomorrow.
Above are a couple of group shots and here are some close ups of the individual figures.