Taking advantage of the long weekend I've managed to get quite a bit more of my Salute Loot painted.
This polishes off the last of my Militia figures and adds another team to my nascent Guardia Civil section.
Firstly, I have added a 75mm artillery piece from Empress. The gun comes with four crew, but in the Chain of Command Spanish Civil War supplement you should have five crew, so at the moment a box of ammunition is filling in for the additional crew member. The gun is a simple Basalt Grey paint-job highlighted by adding Pale Grey layers.
I have also finished the pack of Empress Dinamiteros, I now have four of these done.
I have done another one of the Standard Bearers, this time with a P.O.U.M. flag just in case I fancy something different to my usual U.G.T. force
The last five of my Milicianos are painted, I have 66 painted now so more than enough for most games.
Finally, I have added a Guardia Civilia sergeanto with SMG and five Guardia Civilia riflemen, this completes a second team for the section I am building as a support option for both this Republican Militia and Nationalist Falange platoons that I am going to be working on soon.
The Guardia are really east you paint and only use a handful of colours:
- Trousers and jackets - German Uniform highlighted by adding Pale Sand
- Belts and straps - Tan Earth highlighted by adding Pale Sand
- Ammo pouches, shoes, hats - Black highlighted with Black Gret
- Flesh - Medium Fleshtone highlighted by adding Ivory
- Rifles - Beige Brown highlighted by adding Pale Sand, with a Brass stock and Gunmetal Grey fittings.
Here are a few more shots, all the figures are from Empress and I used Vallejo paints. The technique is base-coat, sepia wash, reapply base-coat and do highlights.