Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 12 March 2021

More 2nd Battalion, Kings German Legion Light Infantry

 

With packing for the move back to the UK, my output has been severely curtailed this past week or two, but I have been steadily plodding along and this week completed the remainder of the 2nd Battalion, Kings German Legion Light Infantry that I have on hand.

The first three figures are mounted up in light order to make up a sixth stand of the unit I did a few weeks ago.


My usual photography rig is packed for shipping and I think I need to work to get some better shots a lot of these are quite badly out of focus, maybe the textured cardboard stand was not such a great idea.


Here they are added to that initial group of five bases:


I then started doing a few bases in skirmish order, firstly a group of six with muskets.



Next a group of six skirmishing with rifles. To be fair, and checking different sources I'm not entirely sure if during the Hundred Days if the 2/KGL Light were entirely equipped with rifles at that time or not.

The last trio of figures are an Officer, Sergeant with rifle and another leader with rifle to use in our Sharpe Practice games.


Hicksy has certainly sculpted bags of character into all these figures.


I initially planned to do just a unit of 2/KGL Light for our General de Brigade games, but combining the troops done in the last post with these I can now field a very reasonable starting force for Sharp Practice of four leaders, three light infantry groups with muskets and two light infantry groups with rifles, so quite a bonus result!





20 comments:

  1. Packing for a move and STILL painting? Hardcore, Paul. Great looking KGL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, the former caught up with me and I've had to be quiet this past couple of weeks :)

      Delete
  2. Great looking Lights, Scrivs. They look great all grouped together. The various basing work nicely together for skirmishers. Best wishes on the move back home too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work again Paul. Best if luck on your move.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed Paul...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. These KGL LI look really great and Sharp :Practice kis a fun rule set so thats a bonus too!

    ReplyDelete