Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Nobz for the Mob

Like the fungus that they are, the green-skins have again multiplied this week with a few more additions.

The biggest addition is a unit of five Nobz, this is the first unit of Elites I've added to the force that had gotten rather Troops heavy. Hopefully these will pack a punch.

The first Nob is armed with Slugga and Killsaw and carries a backpack of Stikk Bombz.

The kill saw is rather terrifying, my rust effect adds the additional horror of tetanus to the mix.


I painted the patch on the Stick Bomb sack to represent a bit of check cloth, as these are my elites I think they need a bit of fancy.


The second Nob is armed with a Big Choppa and also has a holstered Slugga.


I do like the choice of heads that you get in the pack, this rusty iron mask is sinister in a Orky way.


This chaps "fancy" is blue lacing on his holster  and boots.


The third Nob will likely be the Boss Nob for the next few games and is armed with Power Claw and Slugga.


This Ork has even more fancy, rusty horned helmet, more red and white check on his banner and he must be upper glass in his red trews. 




Nob number 4 has the fairly basic load out of Choppa and Slugga.


He does however have a nasty looking face guard and a skirt of skulls.



Nob five is in the heavy support role with a Kombi-scorcha, I think that when you are BS 5 not having to roll to hit makes a lot of difference.


This chaps fancy is a squig on a perch, and a skull on a spike.


Finishing off this group is a Runtherd and an Ammo Grot.


The Runtherd is a left-over from the last lot of Gretchin I painted, this time I painted with a Grot Lash and Grot Prod so I have a couple of options.


The Ammo Grot comes in the Nobz set, but I think if you are not using Kombi-rokkits then at 5pts he's a waste, so I'll likely use him to bulk out my Gretchin mobs.


I really like the Nobz set so have already ordered another, and more Deffkopters and some Killa Kans, I really should slow down, we are only playing 750pt games.

8 comments:

  1. Brilliantly done love the ammo belt stunning painting there 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work on those Nobz mate! The combo of rusty gear and Ork flesh is very effective. Reading back over the blog I’ve made a note of your rust technique. Very useful!
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, it's certainly less hassle than Goff Checks

      Delete