Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 10 August 2022

T'au starter force

 
It's been over seven weeks since I last posted. In the meanwhile I have played many great games but have not had the time to record them.

I've also been making some slow process on painting a force of T'au for Warhammer 40K

Process has been very slow, initially I assembled all the force and then sprayed it all with Colour Forge Wight Bone paint and it was a fucking disaster. Everything went chalky and bobbly and over 200 pounds worth of figures almost went in the bin.

It was perfect conditions for spraying, a dry summers day with temperatures in the low twenties, so I'm not buying any of that "poor conditions nonsense."

I'll not be using that shit again, it's not like it's even a cheap alternative to the GW sprays.

After a trip to the Dettol bath and some meditation exercises I'd calmed down enough to start painting them.

Being a kid who grew up gaming thinking for myself I don't like being told what colour I need to paint Sci-fi figures so decided I wanted dark grey uniforms with black armour and then a bit of orange detailing.

I've not decided on a Sept yet, but am leaning to Farsight Enclaves.

Coldstar Commander with High energy burst cannon, Pulse rifle, Missile pod and Shield generator

The weapons are magnetised so I will be able to swap them out for other options

The Commander can be posed on a normal base or a flight stand

Cadre Fireblade with Fireblade Pulse rifle

Strike Team with Pulse rifles

Missile pod also has magnetised weapon options 

Strike Team with Pulse carbines

Again the missile pod has magnetised weapons options

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits

The Shas'vre has magnetised weapon options so can switch out for a Fusion blaster

Another unit of XV25 Stealth Battlesuits

Again the Shas'vre can swap between the options

Pair of TX4 Pirhanas

The gun drones can be detached and used separately




This lot allows me to field a 750pt force with a choice of a few options. I've got a few more bits in teh backlog to paint to take me up to about 1500pts.

First game tomorrow against Sams' Genestealer Cult.

11 comments:

  1. Great looking force and love the colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking colour scheme, lovely looking force, I stick to cheap and cheerful halfords for priming, seems to work so far!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked the Tau. They ALMOST got me into 40k!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - and what a relief to be able to salvage that primer disaster. Great job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I always liked the look of the Tau.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color palette. Tau are my favorite 40k force. Good end results despite the primer set back.

    ReplyDelete