Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 23 December 2019

The Orchard - Phillippeville (4)


Inspired by the orchards in Setting the Scene II I've made a couple of section of walled orchard, per Pats recommendations, the tree armatures are from Woodland Scenics while the walls were carved out of high density pink foam board. The gate was made using the method described in the book. Each section is 6" x 8".


I Initially thought the walls were going to be a disaster as after I had carved them out, coated in diluted PVA and primed they started crumbling badly, but I was able to stabilise them with a coat of neat PVA.

This is part of my first entry in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge for this year, if you are not aware of the event I suggest you pop over there.

I hope to get a couple more of sections of orchard fabricated and painted over the next few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Great looking orchards! Need to make me some as well. Am thinking about doing them in triangles so they can be placed at the boards edges if need be without giving the whole setting a too rectangular look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nick. Like the idea of doing triangular edges. I may do a section or two like that so that they can be butted up to the table edge

      Delete
  2. Wow! Those look great Paul.

    ReplyDelete