Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 20 February 2021

A Jolly Boat

 
A couple of years ago I won one of the Challenge spot prizes, a voucher for Barrage Miniatures so put to it and bought myself three of their great boats. 


Last year I painted one of the boats, this year, it's another entry for the "Adventurers’ Landing" bonus round.


The crew are from the Brigade Games and I added the option for Oars & Oar Locks to save me the fuss of building my own.


The dunnage is a separate piece that can be stowed fore or aft and is made from a few spares from the bit's box, there is even a bin from a T-34 in there. I covered it in a piece of napkin soaked in PVA to represent some old sail-cloth.


As it's removeable I also have the option of adding a cannon or mortar to make it into a gun boat as part of some harbour defenses.


Like all the Brigade Games Napoleonics they are full of character and I really enjoyed painting them up. The starboard-aft fellow's bare arms are perfect for a fouled anchor tattoo.


The and Midshipman and Lieutenant are also from Brigade Games



I did think about doing "deck" bases for them, but in the end decided on my usual scatter as they are most likely going to be deployed on my standard terrain.





13 comments: