Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Tuesday 16 February 2021

Landwehr Battalion Hildesheim

My second battalion of Hanaoverian Landwehr of the year is Landwehr Battalion Hildesheim, of the 5th Hanoverian Brigade of Picton's 5th Division at the Battle of Waterloo.


Like the previous unit, I made this unit up by mixing a box each of Warlord Games Waterloo British line and Late Hanoverian Infantry, I prefer the mix of shako and field cap. 

As usual, the standards are from GMB Designs. It looks like I need a little touch up on the trim of the regimental.

I tried a slightly new technique on these and did not actually paint the front of the coats red, instead painted the fronts black to make the white "pop" a bit more. It also cuts quite a bit of time from the painting process.

This now brings me up to four battalions of Hanoverian Landwehr and lets me field a good sized brigade.

I've bought some KGL Light Infantry on deck this week, makes a change from redcoats.


21 comments:

  1. Another smart looking Hanoverian unit, Scrivs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First class painting, beautiful unit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharp, crisp, and beautiful brushwork, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoy the mix of shako and soft cap. Well done.
    Neil

    https://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job again. I like the mix of head gear too. That can really help point out the landwehr on the table.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational! I really like the variety of poses and kit.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely toys Paul...
    I really must add some Hanoverians to my own Napoleonic collection.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete