Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 16 January 2021

Landwehr Battalion Osterode


I've completed my first Napoleonic unit of 2021 with a battalion of Hanoverian Landwehr for the Hundred Days Campaign in Belgium.

These stout fellows represent Landwehr Battalion Osterode, part of the 4th Hanoverian Brigade of Lieutenant General Sir Lowry Coles 6th Division at the Battle of Waterloo.


This unit was made by mixing a box each of Warlord Games Waterloo British Line and Late Hanoverian Infantry, I find the mix of shako and field cap more pleasing than all of one or the other. 


The second half of the two boxes is in the backlog and I hope to complete them in a future entry for the challenge.  


The standards are from GMB Designs, although I note that the Regimental appears to have become a bit frosted when varnishing, bugger!


I think these figures do come out nicely, but they are bloody tedious to paint. 



8 comments:

  1. Very cool. I like the mix of cloth caps.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking regiment. The mix of headgear works well

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely looking unit Paul...
    The caps add a really nice splash of colour...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great. Do the caps come on a sprue? Or are they a separate set? I might need some help to make Mexican American war figs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they are on the sprue.
      From what I can tell the Waterloo, Peninsular and Hanoverian kits have the same frame just with different heads on it.

      Delete