Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 30 January 2021

Detachment of Chosen Men from the 95th Rifles

 
Last month Victoria bought me some packs of British Rifles from Brigade Games, and rather splendid figures they are to paint too.



Somebodies going to get called a "Bastud"



Of course Sharpie needs his Harper.




The second pack is the British Rifles Veterans - Chosen Men set


Rifleman Harris and Rifleman Perkins



Rifleman Cooper and another that I'm not sure of.




I'm basing my skirmishers in pairs, as there are only five in the pack, the "not Daniel Hagman" Cheshire Poacher is joined by a English Bulldog from Warbases to make up the numbers. 




They are a really made for the Peninsular campaign but I think they will not be too out of place for my Hundred Days forces 

26 comments:

  1. Excellent work, Paul! Brings back memories from many years ago when I watched the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, Paul Hicks has captured them really well

      Delete
  2. These are really very nice and it's quite amazing how a talented culprit can create a 28mm miniature that you can actually recognise as a real person! I am sorely tempted to invest in some of these as my friend embarks on a Sharp Practice Napoleonic skirmish project.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul has done a great job with these sculpts, did you see my earlier Ducos an Hogan posts, those figures are similarly excelent sculpts

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done. I particularly like the figures with the bonnets/forage caps.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb work and very characterful figures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice painting and basing. They can play in my 100 Days games anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent brushwork Paul. What a great series Sharpe was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are brilliant! Lovely green you have got for the jackets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, it's Vallejo Black Green base and a AP Green Tone wash.

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking toys Paul...
    That young Mr Hicks sure knows how to push putty around...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking Rifles, Scrivs. Looks just like the characters. Clever use of adding the Bulldog to round out the basing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paul,
    Brigade Games is usually my go to and those are some great looking characters - one of the few times Sean Bean actually survives!
    Neil

    http://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally missed these on the Challenge blog. Excellent work Paul and I love that wonderful bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick, I also appear to be missing loads on AHPC, I think it's a full time job keeping up some days :)

      Delete