Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 6 June 2021

Cold War Soviets for Seven Days to the River Rhine

The long weekend gave me a good opportunity to finish off the final few models for my "Seven Days to the River Rhine" Soviet forces. The main force was showcased a couple of weeks ago.

I was going to need some markers to track morale in the game so picked up a few packs of Soviet casualties from Timecast, they are based on 15mm bases from Warbases.


I had picked up some Engineers in the original order, but I'm sure I can find a use for these mine clearing and demolition teams I made up, maybe to mark objectives.



There is also a great set of dismounted scouts in the range, I think this will come in useful for our games having dismounted their BRDM-2 for a snoop.



Finally a trio of venerable BMP-1 armoured personnel carriers, they will come in handy for mounting that spare Motor Rifle platoon I don't have BTR-60s for.  



I need to get working on terrain now, those trees in this backdrop are just a start, I'm working on some more stuff over the next few days and hope to have those ready for the next post.

12 comments:

  1. Really tempting me to add a new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just succumbed to another new one this past week!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking collection sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice..looking forward to playing a few games.. the BAOR are waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Soviet force, Scrivs. I can see this scale being good for the period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I think the benefit of the 10mm detail will work for the game.

      Delete