Copyright © 2011-2026, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2026, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday, 6 September 2026

Barons' War additions (16)

Before our family vacation next week, I've been working my way through the last few Barons' War figures that I had in the pile of potential/mountain of shame.

A left-over Footsore knight was paired with a Crusader Miniatures mounted serjeant/squire to make a character stand featuring Sir Robert de Dunstanville and Adam de Norton for our Barons' War games set up until the Battle of Evesham.


Fretty is not the easiest to paint, but I think it came out ok. 

This pair represent Robert and Adam up until the end of  Battle Song where Adam earned his spurs.


For our Siege of Rochester game that we are presenting at Crackcon next month we needed a character to represent Alderman Thomas of Rochester, so we sought the services of the famous actor Alain of Rickmansworth to fill the role.


Lovely Sheriff of Nottingham figure from Footsore.



After using two of the Crusader Miniatures mounted serjeants to complete some command stands, the last one was painted in the service of Peter de Montfort and will  join the array.



I love this "Ambush" model from Footsore, will not really fit into the battle line, but will make a great vignette.




I used a few of these Crusader Miniatures serjeants as bannermen on command stands, the final five will join the rank and file. 



There always seems to be another angry monk!


Using left over shields from various manufacturers, I've done a load more stamina markers to record casualties on the units, these larger ones with three shields will work to mark triple hits.


The Siege of Rochester game will need a palisaded barbican to cover the Royalist end of the bridge over the Medway, so I knocked this modular fort up from dowel, satay sticks and coffee stirrers. It will easily hold four units.

Alderman Thomas of Rochester prepares to scoot out of the back gate.

One of the gate guards is ambushed

I ran out of dowel, so improvised the gap with a burnt section of palisade 

Defending the main gate on the Medway bridge

That's the last of the Barons' War figures for now, I still have a few terrain pieces I'm working on for an upcoming post.


2 comments: