Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Thursday 19 April 2018

American Civil War: Confederates (12)


More Confederate reinforcements for our Sharp Practice games this time along with a few farm animals and somewhere for the artillery crews to hide.

I finished off the last dozen figures from the second box of Perry Miniatures Confederate infantry, adding an officer, a standard bearer, sergeant, two drummers and another seven infantrymen/skirmishers.



All painted using my usual Confederate palette that you can find here although rather than using Vallejo Sepia was, I experimented by using Army Painter Strong tone on four of them to see the effect.



The standard is from Warflag printed off at the local Office Depot. Not sure what happened with the chap in the red blanket, my fading eyesight did not notice the limp of crud on it and I appear to have painted around it, only noticing after I took the photos.



I also added a few more farm animals from Warbases with a donkey and a few more chickens. We have yet to have a chicken stampede in any of our Sharp Practice games, but I am looking forwards to that day!


Finally an artillery position for our gunners to shelter behind, knocked up from four Renedra gabions and a few pebbles. I've got a couple more of these in the pipeline.



No comments:

Post a Comment