Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Hundred Years War: English (19)


At the same time that I did the French posted yesterday I also painted a dozen English Men at Arms.

I have a couple of reasons for doing this, I paint figures in small batches of four at a time and I like to have variety in my units, so if the 12 figures come from three batches of four they can have quite a 'samey' look whereas if I pick 12 from a batch of 36 they are less homogenous.


Another reason for doing all 36 at the same time is that I'm down to only two full cans of Testors Dullcote, so it's less wasteful to spray large batches, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a restock.


The standard is from Battle Flag and represents John Mowbray, the Earl of Nottingham. I over painted some highlights to make the red a little more vibrant.




15 comments: