Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Star Wars: Legion - Dice tower


In my order from Panhandle3DPrinting I added a dice tower for our Star Wars: Legion games. Like the rest of the stuff we bought it was easy to clean up and was primed with basic flat grey primer.

I then gave it an all over coat of VMC Blue Grey Pale and painted the dark areas with VMC German Grey and gave the whole thing a sepia wash.


One that was dry I re-applied the base-coats and added a couple of highlights to each colour, then painted a few yellow lines on it and highlighted those.

The final step was at Victoria's recommendation to take a knackered old brush and stipple on areas of dirt, grime and damage. I liked that effect so much that I went back over the Desert Town House that I showed in my last post and did it for that too.


I think for the Star Wars feel of things they should always look a bit fucked up.

We used the dice tower in our last game, it obviously hates me and that did not go well with Victorias Imperials scoring a solid victory.

6 comments: