Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 27 August 2021

German Officers and NCO's


When James and I played some Chain of Command a couple of weeks ago it irked me that my German leaders were on the same sized bases as the rank and file while the French ones stood out more on the larger bases.


A quick order to Northstar I picked up a pack each of German Infantry Command and German Infantry in Greatcoats Command 


One of the benefits of keeping the blog is that I can easily find articles like this one I wrote five years ago with the paint recipes. 


The figures are based on Renedra 30mm round bases so that they stand out from the other troops in the force.


The first four will be used as senior leaders while this next four will make suitable junior leaders for our Chain of Command games.




 I may now do the same for some of my other forces.

14 comments:

  1. An excellent excuse to buy more toys🙂 Nicely turned out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I never seem to need much encouragement.....

      Delete
  2. Great idea. I did something similar using 25mm hex bases for my leaders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil, I agree and now prefer them on different bases to the regular troops.

      Delete
  3. Your figures look great Paul. The different sized bases is a visual aid on table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking addition to guide your forces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having just dipped a toe into 28mm WW2, I am now thinking about rebasing some figures. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the larger bases for the leaders was a good idea.
    Neil

    http://toysoldiersanddiningroombattles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete