Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 17 December 2023

Brigade Games exploring officer

I know, it's been over a year since my last post. In my defence I had been preparing for another transatlantic move, but I've now been in Wisconsin since April so that's a pretty weak excuse.

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge XIV is imminent so I thought I should get my finger out  and clear the deck of work in progress.


 
This Brigade Games Exploring Officer has been part painted at least these past three years and was a matter of just finishing off the basecoats followed by a wash and highlights.


I've ran out of Windsor and Newton Professional Matt Varnish, and it seems to be permanently unavailable here in the USA, so the slight sheen is a result of using Testors "not very" Dullcote. If I do ever get some W&N again, I'll likely give them a coat.


This chap will serve as a character in our Sharp Practice games and as an ADC in our larger General D'Armee games.


<

13 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you!

    I see that W&N Pro Matt is in stock at dick Blick.
    https://www.dickblick.com/items/winsor--newton-spray-varnish-matt-varnish-400-ml-can/
    and that Jerry's Artarama has it back in stock on 20 DEC.

    If those fail, I could send a Christmas CARE package with a can from my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan, I've had that in my wish-list at Blick for a few months now. Will go ahead and take a punt.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done and glad to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, your figure looks great! Great idea in finishing up and protecting your figure. Did not know Windsor &Newtown unavailable at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The W&N seems to regularly have supply issues.

      Delete
  4. "An Exploring Officer!" Thats EXACTLY the term I was trying to recall yesterday at our large Corunna based Peninsular game - thanks Paul! He looks excellent by the way - mind you, at three years in the making, I guess he should do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempus fugit. A splendid looking comeback piece Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks the Biz, good to have you blogging again Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Good to have you back mate - see you at AHPC XIV!

    ReplyDelete