Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 27 December 2023

Cold War T-62 company

 


My first entry for this years Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge was completed on day one.

I set the alarm for 0530 in the morning and bleary eyed, with a cup of coffee in hand I slapped a coat of Russian Green on these chaps and bases with some dull brown emulsion before starting work for the day - I'd booked a half-day off.


After lunch I was able to complete the basecoats mudding with Flat Earth and then followed by an Iraqi Sand dry-brush and once dry slap on some Military Shade and returned once that had dried to complete the bases. 



The tanks are 3D prints at approx. 12mm scale that chum Drew printed for me on his Elegoo Mars. These will add a whole new option of cheaper tanks to my Seven Days to the River Rhine Soviet force that currently fields the much more up to date and expensive T-64B.



I'm looking forwards to getting these on the table.

11 comments:

  1. They look great. I still need to get my troops on the table, but now quite fancy building up my numbers of T-62s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.
    Did you undercoat them or just paint onto the resin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I undercoated them with auto primer

      Delete
    2. As expected - but not on your schedule.
      The reason I asked is because I am about to paint some resin.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking armour and I need to set my alarm early as not painted anything to completion yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had an hour or so before coming into the office this morning.

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed - I'm looking at doing a Cold War project later this year myself - I'm leaning toward 6mm scale though there are many good options in 10mm also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like the slightly larger heft of this scale.

      Delete