Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Thursday 29 February 2024

A pair of French six-pounders


A diversion from the American Civil War painting this week and a foray back to the Napoleonics collection with a couple of French 6-pounder cannons added to the Hundred Days forces.


The imminent release of General d'Armee 2 has got me wanting to paint Napoleonics. 


I usually represent my batteries with three guns, but an audit of the collection last year showed I had a spare French gun painted, so these two were purchased to make up to battery strength.


Both models are the Perry Miniatures Foot Artillery priming 6 pounder (greatcoats) and are lovely characterful sculpts.



A couple of close-up shots of each gun.


I made bit off a boo-boo when sticking this one together and the right wheel is very pigeon-toed, fortunately not obvious in these camera angles.



20 comments:

  1. Really nice work there, they look quite superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great work on these lovely Perry figures, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different gunners, superb artillery Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice artillery sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed Paul…
    A nice mix of colours on the greatcoats…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, they likely should all be dark blue, but I like the raggedy look.

      Delete
  6. Hi Paul, very nice miniatures all over your blog. I have been scrolling quite a bit and wondered how do you do your bases? It's one part I'm always struggling with a bit and I really like your basing style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim.
      I did this article quite a few years ago: https://scrivsland.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-to-do-those-scrivsland-bases.html
      It could probably use a bit of an update, but still mostly like that.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! I have to admit I didn't scroll down that far :D

      Delete
    3. I don't blame you, it's ten years ago and due a refresh.

      Delete