Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 10 February 2024

Confederate Bushwackers

Alongside all those hifalutin generals and such I also added a bunch of nerdowells to the collection with some bases of Confederate skirmishers/militia made up of troops from the Crusader Miniatures Bushwackers

These are a lovely set of characterful miscreants and scumbags.







These bases will serve as skirmisher stands for our Picketts Charge games.

I so liked the look of the Renedra Cross & Rail Fencing that I painted last month I picked up another pack of them.


This time I decided to model one of them with a broken down end. They appear to be out of stock now in my usual places, but I'll pick up more when they become available.


It's all well and good now having several feet of fencing, I didn't have any gates. A search of the bits box turned up some Warbases 5-bar gates, I added gate posts from some balsa wood, and one of them links into the cross and rail fencing with a spare cross-piece.



I finally played my first wargame of 2024, travelling down to Galena - where General Grants house is - to play a Peach Orchard scenario with the chaps. 

Lets just say my Union forces came second!

4 comments:

  1. Details like gates and fences really help dress the table, important in skirmish games such as depicting the Bushwackers. Nice color choices on the unit.

    ReplyDelete