Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 23 November 2014

Painting Again - Victrix Republican Romans


After quite a period where I have been avoiding picking up the paint brushes I have finally got some of the stuff I have been working on finished. Unfortunately, this time of year the natural light is rubbish for taking photos.

I've gone for a limited pallet and am doing the troops a mix of white, black and red.

Firstly I did five Velites to get me warmed up.



Followed by eight Hastati,



And finally eight Principes.




On the painting table at the moment are another eight Hastati painted and ready for basing and another eight Principes with a base-coat and wash.

At the same time I am also slowly re-basing my other Punic Wars troops. Recently I have done some Numidians, a General, two bases of light horse and a unit of javelinmen.


Plus a unit of Spanish Scutarii and some Caetarii.



2 comments:

  1. I know this is a really old blog article, but do you remember what size bases you used for this project? I'm planning something very similar, and it would be super helpful :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James, they are 80mmx60mm that I purchased from Warbases

    ReplyDelete