Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 24 December 2017

American Civil War: Terrain (1)


Over the Thanksgiving holiday I built a bit of new terrain to use for our American Civil War games, well it's languished in the storage under my desk for about a month now so yesterday I slapped a bit of paint on and finished the bases so that it can get some use.


The first build is a large shed/small barn with a lean-to. This is just a foam-core former over which I stuck coffee-stirrers. For the lean-to I used a different sort of stirrer to make it look like a later addition. The gunnery sergeant is to give an idea of scale.


I also made a small paddock with a piled rail fence, I buggered up this a bit by using a 1/4" section of ply as the base rather than 1/8" but hopefully it should not be too noticeable.


Finally four 8" sections and two corner-pieces of piled-rail fence, it's a really simple build and I plan to knock some more of these out and also make a start on some snake rail fence as the project progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment