Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 24 December 2018

American Civil War: Confederates (17)


I've been wanting to add a three-gun battery to the American Civil War Confederate collection so that I can field a starting force for Longstreet.  I had completed a Union battery last month and bought another Perry American Civil War Artillery from Arcane Scenery set in preparation.

As I had signed up to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, this was definitely on the list of things to get done, you're not allowed to paint before the 21st December but you can assemble and prime, so this has been ready to start on for a couple of weeks now.



Starting at 0500 on Friday, I used my standard base-coat, wash, highlights method and the bases were completed on Saturday evening ready for dull-coat and photographs on Sunday morning. The majority of the Confederate uniform being Vallejo Basalt Grey, the gun carriages are off a basecoat of Beige Brown.

The battery comprises two 12lb Napoleon cannon and a Howitzer and shall be joining my ever-growing ACW collection. 


This gets me out of the starting blocks for the challenge.

You can find the Painting Challenge post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment