Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Thursday 26 November 2020

19e Companie 6e d'Artillerie a Pied (2)

 As I'm planning to use General D'Armee for my "Big Battle" games I needed to increase the size of my artillery batteries as in these rules each model gun represents a section. Last month I added a third gun to my British battery to bring it up to strength, and this week I added a couple more guns to the French artillery I painted back in July.


I purchased these from Perry Miniatures, the first gun is from the Foot Artillery firing 6 pounder pack

The uniform blue is VMC Dark Prussian Blue, washed with AP Strong Tone then the basecoat is re-applied and then a couple of highlights adding successively more VMC Royal Blue to the mix.


Once dried a wash of AP Blue Tone is applied to bring out the detail.


The second gun is from the Line Foot Artillery Firing 5.5in. Howitzer pack and brings the battery up to full complement.


The gun carriages are painted with a base-coat VMC Russian Uniform WWII and then a wash of AP Strong Tone is applied. Once dried the basecoat is re-applied and highlighted a couple of times adding more VMC Iraqi Sand to the mix.


The final shot is these two guns deployed with the two from the previous post.


I'm happy that I now have enough stuff painted to have my first game of General D'Armee so plan to set up a game and play it out solo over the long Thanksgiving Holiday weekend.

I do note that the Perry Miniatures website has been revamped, a lot of earlier articles now have broken links that I likely should fix.

15 comments:

  1. Great work as always Paul!
    aa can I ask you to add my new blog name to your blog list? It doesn't work with the "pl" domain at the end and I went to blogspot.
    http://dwarfcrypt.blogspot.com/
    Thank You sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb gunners and cannons, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid looking toys Paul...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking pair of guns! Yes I noticed that Perry's website has been updated, it was really easy to order a Christmas present for myself on my phone!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, I filled a basket while I was there, not pressed the trigger yet though.

      Delete
  5. A fine pair of ordinance there Paul, most impressive.

    ReplyDelete