Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 12 October 2015

Northstar International Brigade


It's been June since I last painted any troops for the Spanish Civil War collection and when I do they always seems to be those damned Nationalists.

I know that Northstar have a range of their own International Brigade and Moroccans and I've been meaning to get some for a while so ordered a pack of International Brigade that I got on Thursday.


They really are lovely figures and the images on the Northstar web site does not do them justice, I did not even realise that a machine-gunner with Chauchat was included in the range.



They were painted with a Vallejo Model Colour paints, mainly Russian Uniform, German Camo Beige, Neutral Grey, German Grey and Field Drab. Once base-coated they were given a coat of Vallejo Sepia Wash and once dry were given two or three highlights. Detail was picked out with W&N peat brown and then a coat of W&N matt varnish (although not very matt). All ten probably only took about three to four hours of 'brush time'.

I'm itching for a game of Chain of Command with them now.

More close-ups of the individual chaps.





No comments:

Post a Comment