Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 20 July 2013

For Sale - Huge Afrika Korps force for Flames of War

I'm planning a big holiday next year and I have the realisation that I'm not going to be playing Flames of War again any time soon, so I'm going to sell off my forces to contribute towards the cost of the round the world trip.

Top mate Lee has already had a great deal on my Soviets, and now some lucky chap can get hold of my 21st Panzer Division Afrika Korps force.

It's bloody huge, I just did a quick tot up on the Flames of War web-site and it would cost you over £450.00 just to buy the figures.

The force comprises:

Company HQ: Two SMG Command teams, Kfz15 field car, Motorcycle Combination.

PanzerGrenadier /Schuetzen Platoon: Command SMG team, six MG teams, Kfz15 field car, two Kfz70 trucks, captured CMP truck.
PanzerGrenadier /Schuetzen Platoon: Command SMG team, six MG teams, Kfz15 field car, two Kfz70 trucks, captured CMP truck.
PanzerGrenadier /Schuetzen Platoon: Command SMG team, six MG teams, Kfz15 field car, three Kfz70 trucks.
Heavy Weapons Platoon: Command SMG team, four MMG teams, three 8cm Mortar teams, Observer team.
Anti-tank Platoon: Command SMG team, three 5cm PaK38 gun teams, Kfz15 field car, three SdKfz10 halftracks.
Anti-tank Platoon: Command SMG team, three 5cm PaK38 gun teams, Kfz15 field car, three SdKfz10 halftracks.
Heavy Anti-aircraft Platoon: Command SMG team, two 8.8cm FlaK36 gun teams, Kfz15 field car, two SdKfz7 halftracks.
Light Anti-aircraft Platoon: three SdKfz10/5 halftracks.
PanzerKompanie HQ: two PzIIIJ(early)
Panzer Platoon: four PzIIIJ(early)
Panzer Platoon: four PzIIIJ(late)
Panzers: one PzIVF1, one PzIVF2
 Heavy Infantry-gun Platoon: Two Bison
Self-propelled Anti-tank Platoon: Two Diana
Armoured Car Patrol: one SdKfz 223, two SdKfz222
Self-propelled Artillery BatteryL Command SMG team, Observer team, two KubelWagen, Staff Radio Truck, four Lorraine-Schlepper.
eight Motorcycle combinations to mount PanzerGrenadiers as Aufklärungs
 four spare KubelWagens to mount PanzerGrenadiers as Aufklärungs or for command teams
two spare command teams, two spare observer teams
two exclusive objectives

Now as mentioned earlier this lot would cost over £450.00 to but from Battlefront and back in the day I used to do a bit of commission painting of Flames of War stuff and I would have charged over £800.00 on top of the figure cost just to paint this for you. But, it's a used force and there is a bit of damage to some of the figures and vehicles, so I'm only asking £800.00 for the lot, including UK postage. For overseas I reckon it would be about £70.00 to ship by UPS/DHL based on previous experience.

Here is a photo of the whole shebang!


Here are some close-ups








10 comments:

  1. Out of my price range sorry,but I have spent the last 10 min coveting it. A very attractive force - I hope it contributes to a great trip ultimately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's a bit expensive, but it will hopefully make a contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Paul, fantastic army - bet this will be hard to let go. Good luck on the sell so you can enjoy your holiday. Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dean, it would have been hard to sell a few years ago, but as I could count the games of Flames of War in the last three years on one finger I don't think it will be such a wrench.

    I still have a Rifle Company from 5th Indian Division 1941/42, Dog/505 Parachute Infantry Regiment 1943/44 and a Kampfgruppe from 7th Panzer Division 1943 if I did fancy a game.

    Although these could be the next to be listed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, good luck with the sale!

    (Although you may want to edit the listing: "Schurzen" platoon literally means a platoon of "skirts". Not "big girls' blouses" but close ;-)

    I think you mean "schuetzen" platoons... cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one, I was getting mixed up with side skirts. Thanks for your kind comments.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I've looked 5 times but can't get the nerve to buy ($>1,400 usd) ... and then I would need Brits 8^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar number of Desert Rats that I'd be happy to do a deal with too.

      Delete
    2. Could you do a fair combo for £1,300 (~$2,000 usd)? Sorry to request to split up a collection ... But there is a budgetary limit

      Delete
    3. Jon, I think we could do something, eMail me at smith.paul18@sky.com

      Delete