Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 16 April 2017

War of Spanish Succession Dutch (7)


This week I've added more units to the late 17th / early 18th Century Dutch force to battle the tyranny of Louis XIV.

I've completed the Dutch Cuirassiers that were pictured in last weeks post. As I know nothing of the unit the mid-blue standard is entirely speculative.




Another, troop of dragoons for the Van Schlippenberg regiment have been painted, both a mounted and a dismounted base for them.





The last unit painted is a battalion of infantry from the Orange-Friesland regiment, blue coats this time rather than the usual greys.




As the Dutch contingent is pretty much complete now I thought I would be a good excuse to lay it all out for a photo en mass. I think with 21 bases of foot, 20 bases of horse, 3 bases each of mounted and dismounted dragoons, 4 guns, plus commanders it's about ready to do battle.





No comments:

Post a Comment