Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 16 February 2020

Hundred Years War: English (16)


This post sees the return of the Hundred Years War project that I spent a lot of time on during the past 18 months.


I've collected more than enough figures to do a good sized re-fight of Agincourt using either To The Strongest! or Hail Caesar, but why stop there, so I've picked up three more boxes of the Perry Miniatures plastics plus half a dozen packs of the metals, so it's off I go again.


These figures represent a contingent of English Men at Arms in the service of Baron Talbot. The banner is from Battleflag

The Men at Arms are all from the Agincourt Foot Knights set while the banner bearer and musician are from the Foot command advancing pack.


 As usual the plastics are a delight to assemble, although that war-hammer snaps every time, and the metals are a bugger to clean up, but all take paint really well.


I did my usual basecoat, wash, three highlights method that gives a result on these that I'm very happy with.

The sabot bases were a custom order from Warbases.


18 comments:

  1. Great stuff Paul, you can never have enough!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Will we be treated to another Agincourt refight soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I hope so in the next month or so

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done Paul, great looking English!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb painting sir! I shall be taking notes :o)
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt and I'll look out for yours when you do them

      Delete
  5. Great looking unit, like the darker armour. Nice.

    Another few boxes will keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, more HYW on the painting table right now

      Delete
  6. A lovely looking unit Paul...
    I am rather fond of Alan’s 100years war figures... I am very tempted by the idea of doing a couple of Lion Rampant forces...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly.
      Their Hundred Years War stuff is very nice and you only need a couple of boxes for a decent Lion Rampant force. If only I had known when to stop ;)

      Delete