Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 31 October 2020

11th Light Dragoons

I've added a second unit to add to Vandeleurs 4th Cavalry Brigade with a small unit representing the 11th Light Dragoons.

Again all figures are from the Perry Miniatures British Light Dragoons 1808-15 set.

I assembled these fellows at the same time as the 16th Light Dragoons so they also have the same mistake with carbine placement - bugger!

At only four bases they are quite a small unit, but I've ordered another box from Arcane Scenery so I'll be able to bring these and the 16th up to strength and make a start on the 12th Light Dragoons to complete the brigade. Now I'm in the know I'll not make the same mistake with carbine placement.


 I've just finished off a few Anglo-allied oddments, skirmishers and the like that I'll post in the next article, but after that it's on to painting some Highlanders, must admit I'm not looking forwards to having a go at tartan!



20 comments:

  1. Very clean and handsome work, Paul! Your grey has very long stockings. Reminds me of a dancehall girl in the Old West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I just did another with no stockings, so they'll balance out in the end :)

      Delete
  2. Another lovely looking dragoon unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely unit Paul...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dragoons look aces, I’d never notice the carbine issue. Tartan requires red wine, and works best if you go for the effect of tartan from a distance. Apply the two feet rule and the wine liberally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, I've done a few so far and it looks OK, although from 2ft there is no contrast....

      Delete
  5. Very nice Paul. Highlanders! You are a brave, brave man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, six done so far, hope to have the unit completed this week.

      Delete
  6. Great looking Dragoons, Scrivs. I've used 8-figure cav units for Black Powder, as I thought they could maneuver on a smaller table better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I do like the 8's but my French are already 12's

      Delete
  7. Cor! They are proper eye candy mate
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete