Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 22 December 2021

7th Netherlands National Militia Battalion


I'm clearing the decks before I get started proper on the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge and these fellows have been stalled in a partially painted state for far too long.


The figures were all from Front Rank before they stopped fulfilling orders, and hopefully will soon be available from Gripping Beast after the transfer is completed as I'll be needing a few more.


I really don't know why these took so long to paint, but I found them really tedious, despite the much simpler uniforms than other Napoleonic troops I've painted recently, maybe it was that they are all in the same pose with no variety.



The colour is from GMB Designs.


I plan to try to recreate Bylandt's Brigade so I'll need two more Militia battalions, a Line and a Light battalion.



I chose to do my flank companies with the white over orange plumes.


Despite taking so long to clear the backlog I'm happy how they came out, hopefully the next batch will not take so long.

7 comments: