Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 17 May 2015

More Poilu for Partizan


Partizan is in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to be able to make a reasonable contribution towards the number of Frenchmen in our Bois Des Caures game.


In the previous update I had done the first 18 but over the past couple of weeks I really concentrated in getting more terrain done. However, this week I finished off the highlights on another half dozen and have painted another dozen from scratch.



This time I wanted to add some that were Chasseurs so have painted a good number of them with Dark Prussian Blue trousers and puttees and even one in a Chasseur kepi.



I also wanted to do some in 'raw leather' straps and pouches so used a base-colour of US Tan Earth and a highlight of Tan Yellow to represent the buff colour.




I also made an impromptu sniper, when I was cleaning the figure up I broke off his bayonet, so I selected a bare head that had a somewhat professional looking cast to his countenance and added a telescopic sight made from an old spear-staff.




Again, all figures are from the Woodbine Design Company supplied by Gripping Beast, With the exceptions noted above, all colours are as per the previous article.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment