Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Monday 18 November 2019

American Civil War: Union (17)


If you came here because you followed a link from TMP, you have been duped. Tango01 does not exist, he is a sock puppet account of TMP Editor and the post you followed was just a pathetic attempt to drive traffic to the cesspit that is TMP by using SEO. Don't support TMP it steals content.



Another unit of Zouaves mustered for the Union forces this week with some Zouave companies from the 76th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment.

Line the 74th New York that I did last week these figures are all from the Perry Miniatures American Civil War Zouaves set.



I did my usual method of, prime, base-coat, AP strong tone, highlights on these and am happy with how they came out. The standards are from Warflag.

A top tip, the Perry Zouave box only contains one command frame, if you want to get two units out of it like I did then also buy one of these.



Checking the tracker, this brings me up to 530 28mm foot figures painted this year, I think that may be a new record, and it's only November!

We have visitors staying for the next couple of weeks, so painting may be somewhat curtailed for a while.

24 comments:

  1. Hi mate,
    more great work.
    On a different note, what harm does Tongo/Armand chappy actually?
    I've never considered this cross posting as an issue before so just thought to ask you. He posts my stuff but I don't recall him claiming it as his own. Be keen to hear your experiences on this.
    Be good,
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jeremy,

      My thought is that he never credits the original author of the work and typically responds to positive posts with at thank you, I read that as that he is passing the work off as his own.

      Also, I think TMP is not for me. If I wanted to post my stuff on there I would post it on there.

      I actively don't post on there so it's irksome when somebody does post my stuff on there and without approbation.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on your latest Zouaves! Painting 530 28s is a big accomplishment especially considering your high quality results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. The AHPC starts again in a few weeks, I may crack 600 this year.

      Delete
  4. Lovely unit. Crisp brush work on the red lace, great highlighting on the bloused trousers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work as always! Will these be for a different ruleset than SP2? I see they're all on the same sized bases. Are they all on 20mm or 25mm bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      They are all on 20mm bases.

      I shall still be playing SP2, but am also looking at some bigger battles using Longstreet.

      Delete
  6. They look excellent Paul! 530 figures? I‘d be more than happy with half that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. I don't usually manage much more than half of that.

      Delete
  7. An excellent looking unit Paul. Love the flags too. 530 figures so far this year! That's some going!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I'm quite proud of myself truth be known.

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking Zouaves, and congrats on your output :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed. I painted some recently and it is such a great set . When you even enjoy putting the figures together you know it’s good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, they are indeed a joy to both assemble and paint.

      Delete
  10. Great work mate, always a favourite

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. Also a very impressive output good luck on cracking 600 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fantastic looking zouave unit, they look splendid and 500+ is equally impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete