Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 29 September 2021

3rd Line Battalion, King's German Legion

Last week Victoria and I took a short vacation, glamping in Shropshire just outside Shrewsbury. I had prepared another batch of Perry Miniatures Plastic Napoleonic British Line Infantry beforehand to work on while we were away.

I had made good progress on them before we even set off and eight were painted before we left. Over the course of ours days away I managed to sit in the sun drinking a selection of fine beers and ciders and get the other sixteen finished, doing the bases and varnishing over the weekend when we got back.

The standards are from Flags of War and are very nicely done. 

I did a pair of bases of skirmishers, I probably have plenty enough, but they may come in useful.


Some shots of the individual bases.







While on our holidays I also started another battalion of Hanoverian Landwehr that this week I've made further good progress on, hoping to get those finished and blogged shortly. 

27 comments:

  1. Holiday, painting, beer and sun, that’s a great combination and the figures look great, what’s not to like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the only problem with painting in the sun is that it plays havoc with the paint thinning ;)

      Delete
  2. Painting while on holiday! That brings back memories for me. They have turned out very nicely I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another excellent unit - painting toy soldiers whilst away on holiday - you must have a very accommodating partner, I am sure I would not get away with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Victoria was just as keen as me to be loafing in the sun

      Delete
  4. You are rocking these Hanoverian and KGL units Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter, I really should start on some Dutch-Belgians soon

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking KGL! Lovely brick red uniforms!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cor! Very nice indeed mate 😎
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid stuff as usual Paul. Would that be classed as wild painting?🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I think a few too many facilities for truly wild painting

      Delete
  8. Splendid stuff Paul…
    Although my idea of glamping would be to just book into an hotel.😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, this place costs about as much per night as a hotel.

      Delete
  9. Great looking KGL Line, Scrivs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They‘re looking wonderful Paul!

    ReplyDelete