Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 3 October 2021

Seven Days to the River Rhine with Sgt. Bradford


Thursday evening Mike and I met up at the Rose and Crown for some 7DRR action. Neither of us had not played for a while so we would both be a bit rusty.

The table was set up as below, there are several rolling hills that are not immediately clear in the photo.

I would use the Bundeswehr while Mike took the Soviets. The Germans would start at the top right corner with the Soviets at the bottom left.


Early disaster for the Germans as the Spetsnaz team hiding in the Portakabin toast the Jaguar and a Leopard 1A1 is taken out by a T-64

The T-64 seem immune to just about everything I can throw at them, so I start splatting the softer stuff


My Milan teams are scoring lots of hits on the Soviet tanks but they seem impervious to the fire.

I carefully guard my Leopards

Every time a Leopard is committed, the Soviets seem to have no issue with their one-shot, one-kill policy!

I'll just have to concentrate on neutralizing the soft stuff

As the Soviet tanks mass, a pair of Luftwaffe Tornados line up for the attack, but, a mass of Soviet fighters drive them off 

The German HQ troops await reinforcements

 We had both forgotten to place objectives at the start, but by the end of the game the Soviets still had most of their armour left while I had lost the Jaguar and four of my five Leopards, a win, but not crushing victory to the Soviets


9 comments: