Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Friday 10 September 2021

Hanoverian Landwehr skirmishers


I have a brigade of Hanoverian Landwehr for our Hundred Days campaign games, but I don't have any specific skirmishers painted for them, so a few weeks ago I ordered some packs of Hanoverians in firing line from Front Rank. I got a mix of shako and cap for a bit of variety.

The first four bases are painted up with green facings to match the Landwehr Battalion Osterode I painted earlier this year.


Although some light pitting on the figures on the figures indicates they were likely cast a bit hot, they are lovely figures and take paint really well.



These made it onto the table in time for the last game, another five bases are on deck at the moment and should be ready to post on the blog very soon.

17 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed Paul…

    The red caps on the Hanoverians really make them stand out…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly, it makes a nice change from all those Belgic and Stovepipe shakos

      Delete
  2. Very nice, like the mix of headgear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brushwork! The figures are great for skirmish poses and your basing scheme really let this through. ( did a unit of my own last year, nice to see others take on the figures.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just ordered some more so that I can field a couple of formed units

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic - Front Rank are still one of my favourite miniature ranges - hopefully someone buys the company and carries on casting these wonderful figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope that the range continues, although I just ordered another gross of figures from them in case it does not ;)

      Delete
  5. Beautifully painted once again Paul. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete