Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2017, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Scratch built Spanish Civil War building

A few weeks ago I emailed Grand Manner about the possibility of picking up some Spanish buildings at Salute. Well, last Saturday they had not responded so I set to with some foam-core, coffee stirrers, bass-wood and Wills pantiles.

I knocked this one up pretty quickly, starting with a base of 8" sq hardboard I built the structure up from foamcore textured with pumice gel, the wall posts are 1/4" basswood and the gates and doors are made from coffee stirrers.

The whitewashed brickwork and render was given a basecoat of Dulux Dutch Gold 3 and highlighted up with Reeves 'Sand'. The doors and gates were painted Vallejo Pale Sand and highlighted up with Vallejo Ivory. The roof was sprayed Leather Brown and highlighted up with Saddle Brown and Dark Sand.

Some graffiti was daubed on and the basing done.

There are a few things I am not happy with, I think that I made the windows are too big and like a doofus forgot to put a chimney on it!

 Here are a few more images taken from each fascia.