Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Wednesday 16 December 2020

More Pierre Ducos

 

Last week I painted up the mounted Pierre Ducos that Victoria bought for me, this week I painted up the foot version.


When I painted the mounted version, I really thought that Paul Hicks (the sculptor) had really captured Féodor Atkine in the Ducos role, but the foot figure is even better and I'd say a dead ringer for the chap.


To maintain continuity I've painted in the same bottle-green coat and dark grey breeches - although I do note that he changed into brown boots when he got off his horse ;)

This figure marks quite a milestone as the 700th 28mm foot figure I painted this year. If the pandemic has been good for something it has been staying at home and painting (mainly) 28mm Napoleonic figures!


15 comments:

  1. Splendid looking figure! Nice stance and lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding work on both Duco’s brushwork and amassing 700 28mm painted figures for 2020. That is a lot of new 28s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely brushwork and well done on reaching 700 28mm figures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats an amazing milestone mate, well done!
    Looking forward to what you pull out during AHPC XI :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. It's been an odd week just preparing figs for the challenge and not painting.

      Delete
    2. Yeah... I couldn't help myself :-)

      Delete
  5. Excellent Paul...
    Yes this chap is clearly a bounder and a cad...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Paul! The green of his coat is sublime

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on this one - he was always a favorite character. One you loved to hate.

    ReplyDelete